ReelANSi - ANSI art viewer for Linux

I’ve been working on an ANSI viewer for Linux, as I wanted an easy way to look through ANSI files while working on setting up a new Enigma½ BBS.

That turned into ReelANSi v0.1.

It’s still early in development, but it’s working well enough now that I thought I’d share it here and hopefully get some useful feedback.

The focus is pretty simple: browse local folders of ANSI art, render it accurately, and play ANSI/ansimation at classic BBS speeds. It currently supports .ANS, .ASC, .FLP, and FILE_ID.DIZ, along with SAUCE and iCE colors.

I’ve been doing a lot of side-by-side comparisons with the renders here on 16colo.rs, particularly while working through ANSI color and rendering behavior.

If anyone wants to throw some ugly edge cases at it, point out something that looks wrong, or suggest files that are particularly good at breaking ANSI viewers, I’d love the input.

GitHub: GitHub - Madp03t/ReelANSi: ReelANSi is a lightweight Linux viewer for ANSI and textmode art, built for accurate rendering, smooth browsing, and classic BBS-style playback. Point it at a file or a folder and enjoy the art. ReelANSi is strictly a viewer, not an editor. · GitHub